You might have caught me on Ric Serritella’s daily morning show, The State of Football (TSOF), on my regular Thursday morning segment (9:40 a.m. ET). If you enjoy them, or find them at all informative, you may be interested in watching all week starting Monday.
Next week, Inside the League takes over TSOF. I’ll host each show along with my co-host, Bo Marchionte of College2Pro.com. Bo is not only a talented journalist, a CFL scout (Winnipeg Blue Bombers) and a serial podcaster, but he’s also one of the funniest people I know, which is why I was really excited when he agreed to join me this week.
We’ve brought together 15 awesome guests this week, and they will all bring something different to the table. Will the TSOF be a football show this week? Of course it will, but it’s not going to be your standard debate show about who’s the greatest QB of all, whether or not Aaron Rodgers will report to camp, or which team will win the Super Bowl this year.
Of course, we’ll talk about the game in a fun way.
- Former Titans executive Blake Beddingfield will talk about which teams he expects to be contenders for the Super Bowl, the rookies he expects to make the biggest impact, and the trends in the game that no one is discussing.
- Nick Underhill of NewOrleans.Football will talk about the Winston vs. Hill battle, how the Saints will juggle the various pending free agents in their secondary, whether OT Terron Armstead will be back in 2022 and other topics related to the Who Dats.
- Longtime NFL executive and three-time former GM Randy Mueller will also give his unique take on the game, similar to what he discusses in his blog.
- Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com will talk about what an SEC lineup with the two best teams from the Big 12 would look like and lots of other good stuff.
Want to discuss agent life and the issues facing player representatives? Got you covered.
- Four of the NFLPA-licensed contract advisors that I respect the most in the business — Evan Brennan of UA Sports, Eugene Lee of Vanguard Sports Group, Murphy McGuire of Octagon Football and Aston Wilson of Agency1 Sports Group — will give their takes on how the transfer portal, Covid and NIL have affected their profession.
- In addition, guests this week include two former agents, wealth manager Noel Lamontagne, a former NFL offensive lineman and one of the smartest people I know in football; and Mike Sullivan, the winner of the 2021 Eugene Parker Award for distinguished service to the agent industry and a former “super agent” as well as NFL executive.
- We’ll also talk to aspiring agents Don Williams and Jeremiah Sirles (the former NFL lineman and current member of the Huskers broadcast team), who are taking the NFL agent exam in August.
But there’s even more. Ole Miss GM Matt Lindsay, a former NFL scout, will talk about how college football offices are changing and where recruiting and personnel are going. And for good measure, on Wednesday, we’ll have Jason Montanez of Catapult Leadership. A former University of Buffalo fullback, he’ll give tips on how to interview and how to build a network that will help you get the job you want.